Well, 10,000 is really a lot of reasons to be thankful. So maybe this post won’t have quite that many. Though I have no doubt that I have more than 10,000 reasons to be thankful. Since we normally blog on Thursdays, and this Thursday is Thanksgiving, I thought I just post a quick blog on Wednesday and let us all enjoy our Thanksgiving.
What are some of my reasons to be thankful? In no particular order, here are a few:
- God – His grace in saving me and sustaining me throughout all my days
- My husband – we’ve been married now for fifteen years and while it hasn’t always been easy, it has ALWAYS been worth it.
- My children – they reflect both my good and not-so-good qualities, and they truly love me unconditionally. I am so enjoying watching the incredible young women they are becoming.
- My extended family – I am so grateful for the heritage of faith that is my family. What a gift to be born into this group.
- Laura – I know, that’s cheesy since I’m writing for her blog right now. But in all honesty, I wouldn’t have ever considered doing web design, blogging, and social media were it not for her. She gave me an opportunity and allowed me to learn, all the while believing that I could do it (even when I didn’t).
- My friends scattered all over the globe. One of the hazards of moving so often is that I have to say good-bye to so many people. One of the benefits is that I have friends in so many places. So to all those is Chicago, Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Texas, Florida and other places, I am grateful our paths have crossed, even if only briefly.
- My church, Orlando Grace Church. Thank you for welcoming us and allowing us to serve alongside my brothers and sisters.
- Music and art – my life needs more beauty. I’m thankful for eyes and ears to enjoy it!
- Reading – oh how I love to read! The things I learn, the places I get to experience; we should all read more!
- Good food – cooking is my creative outlet and I’m fortunate to have a family who loves to be adventurous with anything I might create.
- Good wine – I know there’s some disagreement on this, but I choose to give thanks for wine, which makes the heart glad
- Places I’ve traveled. I’ve seen a lot of this country (at least overnight in 48 states) and a bit of the greater world. There is so much to explore!
At some point, I do have to stop my list. And these are just the tip of the iceberg! Maybe I should start a gratitude journal. What about you? What are your reasons to be thankful? Add your list in the comments and let’s see if we can get to 10,000!
Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!